RE: OLTC - Inside the PWRX CM600HA-24H

Hi Adam,

The "X" means that whom ever was looking at it was "all worried"...  They
are replacing "everything" on a failure and pretty minimal trouble shooting
is going on out there.  I would look at the ones with the "X" super close,
but they may indeed be just fine....  Simply looking at the gate to source
resistance tells a lot about the condition.  It should be +10Meg
ohm...  Then, if the resistance across the switch is just not a dead short,
it is probably fine.  It is just a "big" IGBT.  All the leads should still
simply measure as expected for the device.

Cheers,

         Terry