RE: Treasure Hunting Tips (Junkyard, Scrap yard, etc.)

Original poster: John <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi,
I have the same situation. At my local recycling center I have found
everything from mots to obits. Not only is it free, the employees will even
help you load it in the back of your car!
Cheers,
John

Original poster: "Randy & Lori"

Hi Rick,

I don't have anywhere real close to me except a recycling place. They
take anything metal for free, and let me get anything metal for free. A
manned landfill that takes metal often keeps it in one area from the
other stuff, and if you are good at talking, they don't care if you look
around. If you find somewhere like this, you're set. I have found
large circuit breakers, terminal blocks, relays, heavy wire, switches,
my controller box, indicator lights, wheels.... My MOT collection is
about 30 now, and I don't open MOs much anymore. The best place to find
stuff is the FREE PLACE.