From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 7:13 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: strange vttc

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Godfrey,

Thanks for the tip on that.  Since I don't have a high
voltage probe I haven't been able to take a
measurement, which of course would be the preferred
method.

I once put 2 of the monster MOTs in series for a
jacob's ladder, but still had a hard time starting the
arc at the bottom.  I knew something was wrong.  They
were in proper phase since once started, I could pull
an arc to about 8 inches, but it couldn't be started
past about 4 mm.

It is so ridiculous that they would put a 4000v
sticker on the transformer core even though it refers
to the doubler output.  No matter, I'll just put
together a doubler.  But I want to pick up a HV probe
and take a direct measurement first.

-Brett