Re: How to make a "good" copper tubing clamp

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Just curious if anyone had a good way to make a wire clamp that would
>fit over refrigeration copper tubing (primary coil) of about 1/2" to
>3/4" in diameter.
>
>I've tried a variety of different ways, but am having trouble getting a
>clamp that puts positive clamping force on the
>copper tubing.
>
>Any help appreciated.
>Thanks
>
>Dan

Dan,

I use a large alligator clamp that will open up to about 1.0".  Then I cut
a piece of copper tubing maybe .60" long and cut it in half.  Work the two
pieces so they will just fit over the tubing in the primary.  Now solder
the two pieces into the jaws of the alligator clamp - sideways.

Ed Sonderman