Re: How to make a "good" copper tubing clamp

Hi Dan,

You might just want to make a "real" clamp out of brass...  Brass will
conduct big RF currents fine.  I don't know if you have a mill available or
not.  Might have to get brass stock from McMaster, and hack saw/drill or
find a machine shop (should be real easy).  But it might be worth the
effort just to get the clamp "right".  A foot long 1 inch square bar of 360
brass is like $22...  Enough to make 6 clamps...

There is a small chance you could find a brass clamp for expensive brass
boat railing that would fit, but It might still be cheaper to machine
something that is perfectly what you want.

If you want "cheap", just get a common stainless steel hose clamp of
automotive fame and clamp the wire right against the pipe ;-)  That is how
I do all my big current ground connections...  You can always solder it
once you are sure it will not change.  But the finely machined brass clamp
will be real pretty ;-)))

Cheers,

         Terry