Re: Designing High-Gain Triple Resonance Tesla-Transformers

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq-at-uol-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi All,
 >
 > Jay Reed has sent me the following paper:
 >
 > http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/DesigningtripleresonanceTeslatransformers.pdf

Actually, I have how to design the triple resonance networks with
that structure directly. See my last paper about multiple resonance
networks, "Band-pass multiple resonance networks", presented in a
conference two weeks ago:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/papers/papers.html
Look at the form with balanced output (discussed in this list some
time ago too). Remove the "normal" high-pass output branch and you have
the desired structure.
So, the procedure would be to design a band-pass m.r.n. and then to
rearrange the last two capacitors and inductor. Insert a transformer
at the input and any voltage gain with perfect energy transfer can
be obtained.
I can make a complete example, if there is interest.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz