RE: Designing High-Gain Triple Resonance Tesla-Transformers

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >Jay Reed has sent me the following paper:

Very interesting.. But it seems from the voltage plots (figs. 3 and 4) that
his "optimized" design does not have complete energy transfer, since V2
doesn't drop to zero when V1 peaks. Compare to the plot for Bienosiek's
design, fig. 3, where v1 _does_ drop to zero.

Maybe Reed's design is optimised for voltage gain only, and not energy
transfer. But I would have thought that improving the energy transfer would
increase the voltage gain too, and hence a coil with optimal voltage gain
should automatically have 100% transfer.

Steve C.