IGBT information

Original poster: "Shaun Epp" <scepp-at-shaw.ca>

Hello Group,

I was trying to get some information together so that I could learn about
IGBT's for DRSSTC work,  How to use them and their characteristics, but it
wasn't easy to get.  So I decided I'd post my findings on this list for
anyone interested it building a DRSSTC.

Motorola has always had good application notes but,  their semiconductor
line has been sold to Freescale Semiconductor and they have made all
motorola application notes hard to get (archived).

A list of application notes can be found at:
http://www.bychoice-dot-com/motorolaApps.htm

The links don't work so if you want an application note, go to:
http://www2.hibbertgroup-dot-com/freescale/main
click on search on the left hand side, then enter in the application note
you want.  AN1540 or AN1541. (IGBT information)

then for type of item, pick application note,
then for item status, pick active and archive
then click search.

Awwwhhhhh!!!!!!   all that work.

if some posts how I can upload them to Terry's temp file, I'll do that.

Fairchild semiconductor also has lots of information too.

Shaun Epp