Re: Salt Water Caps

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Rich,

I used to use 1 gal apple cider jugs.  They would run about 2700-3000pF
each.  I had mine filled with salt water and used aluminium foil for the
other plate.  I had a bunch fail when I set them on an old refigerator
shelf.  The current was too much for the foil and burned it away causing the
jugs to puncture.  They worked well on aluminium sheet.  The top of the foil
would have 3/4" streamers when in operation.  They were lossy but worked.
Salt water/salt water plates would work better with less loss.

David E Weiss