Re: Ed Wingate's Teslathon

Original poster: "Edward Wingate" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
 >
 > I returned this Sunday evening from Ed Wingate's real cool Teslathon
 > 2004.  It featured Ed's neat magnifier coil in action at full power!!  Some
 > visitors even survived the "cage of Death".
 >
 > Dan McCauley's SSTC sounded "real mean" while dispensing 6-7 ft long
 > sparks.  Dan's control system enabled a wide range of adjustment from 50 to
 > 350 pps which gave the output a very unique character.
 >
 > Richard Hull presented some interesting information on the current status
 > of fission & fusion research.
 >
 > My favorite was Ed's small 1 MHZ mini-TC.  It was very compact and offered
 > a solid 4-5 inch output.
 >
 > Everyone was impressed with all of Ed & wife's hard work in hosting the
 > Thon --- the casserole & sweet corn were great!!
 >
 > Harry Goldman (TCBA) & Ruth were in attendance and I enjoyed meeting them
 > and all the hard working TC people again.
 >
 > We all had a lot of fun --- even the flying saucers (UFOs) coming and going
 > after dark on the front lawn made the event even more interesting --- no
 > folks, I'm not kidding.  Like they say, with Ed's Thon, you just have to be
 > there and see it to believe it all!!
 >
 > Great job Ed!!!
 >
 > Dr. Resonance
 > D.C. Cox
 >
 > Resonance Research Corporation
 > E11870 Shadylane Rd.
 > Baraboo   WI   53913

Hi DC,

Thanks for the nice comments.

Glad you made it back safe and sound and I trust that everyone else did
too. We enjoyed having you here. The lab is now (sadly) very quiet! :^)

A special thanks to Dan and all the other folks who made the effort to
pack up all their equipment and bring it to the Teslathon for all to
see. Sharing current work with the Teslathon attendees is what it's all
about and advances the hobby immeasurably.

I feel that all the current SSTC work is the dawning of a whole new era
of coiling and will be an important part of TC history. It was exciting
to see it up close and personal.

Still recuperating,

Ed Wingate RATCB

P.S. I wonder how many people noticed that my new bipolar coil was
running an NST along with an asynchronous rotary gap? :^o