Re: audio modulated SSTC

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

 > Original poster: Jan Wagner <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>
 > Vacuum tube driven tweeters are (second?)grid modulated (AFAIK), similar
 > to if you modulated the supply rails of a self-resonant SSTC. So, there
 > you already have one way to do the audio modulation: modulate the supply
 > rails. You could add a class A/B prestage, class D prestage (buck
 > step-down or sepic), etc.

Thats not quite correct.  Vacuum tube driven tweeters are usually plate
modulated, although I have seen some that are grid modulated.
Also, a grid modulated vacuum tube system would be similar to that of a gate
modulated solid state system.  Plate modulation would be similar
to modulating the supply rails of an SSTC.

Dan