Re: Secondary form coating.

Hi Scot and others,

I think I remember a post from last summer recommending a precoat on the
coil form of shelac.  The reason given, I believe,  was its tackiness in
helping keep the wire in place while winding.  Since I'm getting ready to
wind my large coil, is there any down side to using shelac.  The coil form
is acrylic and will be sanded first.  The final coats will be polyurethane.

Gerry R