Series capacitance and how it affects a tank capacitor.

Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>

I've been doing alot of research on the capacitors used in a primary tesla
circuit, and even built a  rolled capacitor and a saltwater bottle
capacitor. Although I cant see myself dishing out big bucks for an MMC for
my first tesla coil, I was doing some reading about homemade capacitors and
corona. It never occured to me but when placed in series each capacitor
sees a reduced voltage across its dielectric. If I took 4 capacitors and
placed them in series with a 10 kilavolt 60 hz AC charging current would
each one only see 2.5 kilavolts, thus eliminating corona almost altogether.
The only problem I can see with this is the series resistance of
capacitors. How does this affect MMCs, and how would it affect several
homemade capacitors in series?