Re: Static gap......The Fellowship of the Ringup

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>

 > But what if say your electrodes were each formed by copper pipe that
 > were each part of its own chilled water loop (chilled water inside the
 > electrode).  You would then cool the electrodes a lot, cool the air
 > between them a little less than that and the effect on the excess ions
 > would be nill other than the temp difference of the air.  There would be
 > no moving air to carry them away.  I do not intend to do this but 1 2
 > and 3 seem to be slightly different but lumped together because of the
 > way things are commonly done now.

Water-cooled spark gaps were used in the past. Look at Siemens
diathermy machine at the end of this page (The machine is just a
small spark-gap Tesla coil with flat coils):
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/oldtesla.html
Note that the gaps are sealed.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz