Re: Noob Questions

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Nathan,

A good starter size would be a 3-4" powered by a 6-9KV 30mA neon
transformer.  You should be able to get up to 12-18" or so of spark, and
learn what works best before adding more power.  Smaller coils than this
take VERY fine wire and are a pain to wind.

David E Weiss