Re: MOT coil does not light

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Aaron: (kv rms voltage is 0ver 12Kv peak voltage ( 9 Kv x 1.414=12.7 Kv) so
your string of capacitors for 10 Kv is NOT enough. If your spark gap is
close your string may work for a time, but it will fail after time. It is
always better to have a higher voltage rating on your capacitor string than
you are  suppling not less. Less is asking for trouble.
    Robert   H