Re: Highest secondary to spark length ratio? (the best ones)

Original poster: Dave Leddon <dave-at-leddon-dot-com>

I shot this picture Sunday.
http://nick_tesla.home-dot-comcast-dot-net/Segmented_Gap.jpg
I generally use a segmented gap as a tuning aid and in this shot, where the
coil is about maxed out with 10.4 kva input to the pig,  the last terminal
in the gap is exactly 14 feet from the toroid.    With a 46 inch secondary
this gives a ratio of 3.65 which is close to Richard Hulls, "Nemesis" which
is particularly gratifying since I tried to follow his design philosophy in
the construction of this coil.  Well, almost.  I did end up with an aspect
ratio of 3.8 which is somewhat more than his recommended maximum ratio of 3.

Dave