Re: Charge stored in Dielectric? Not really - MISCONCEPTION

Original poster: "Chris Arnold" <chris_arnold-at-msn-dot-com>

Ed,

I think, given the information presented so far, that the charge is stored
on the dielectric as charged particles on the surface, rather than in it
due to some other effect.  I don't think it's too hard to imagine a static
charge remaining on the dielectric.  Even touching the dielectric won't
have much effect because it won't conduct the remainder of the charge,
leaving more than enough to deliver a shock when a conductor that contacts
the entire surface comes back into contact with the dielectric, allowing
the whole charge to be released at once.

Chris Arnold