Re: The OLTC II lives!

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Steve,

I admire your work with the IGBT swich, and have some additional questions
to the coax from IGBT/Cap assy` to coil.

Bear with me, they are novices questions.

You say that coax already has low inductance due to the forward current
path being inside the return path.
I assume the inductance is so low, because this prevents the wires from
forming a loop, which could be viewed as a narrow coil with more
inductance, is this correct?

You then parallell a number of these conductors to tie the already low
inductances in paralel and make them sum up to an even smaller value, is
this correct?

Are the 4 primary coils isolated from each other to lower their total
inductance by parallelling?

If yes to above, do the separate turns share current equally, despite the
different coupling that I assume they will have.

Cheers, Finn Hammer