Re: "Green Monster" Magnifier completed

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Ed,

Yes.  I did get the idea of attaching my primary with the wire ties and
spaced with the PVC tubing from your magnifier.  Works well. and maintains
equal spacing through out.  I actually split my PVC tubing lengthways and
just fitted it over the copper tubing.  I'm not sure if you actually thread
each
PVC tubing piece through the copper tubing, or if you also split the tubing
in half and just press fit it on.

I haven't measured the coupling (K) yet.   The primary to secondary spacing
was taken from a suggestion to me by Richard Hull which is about 4 inches.
I did some calculations using one of the Mutual Inductance calculators, and
with the 4 inch spacing and my coils, I could get a decent range of k = 0.3
to 0.6 roughly
depending on primary height.  However, i'll have to actually measure it and
see what it turns out to be.

What is the coupling to have on your magnifier?

Also, do you have any important Lessons Learned that you could pass on
regarding your magnifier?

Thanks much!

Dan