Magnifier Primary Capacitors - EQUIDRIVE vs. STANDARD

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Ed, Richard, List,

I have a question regarding the two most common primary capacitor
arrangments in magnifier systems.

1.  STANDARD - Single capacitor as most commonly used in classic tesla coil
systems.

2.  EQUIDRIVE - Two capacitors used in the primary circuit.  One on either
side of the primary and connected in series with the primary.

I'm currently designing my system using the EQUIVDRIVE arrangment on the
basis that the two great magnifier builders, Richard Hull and Ed Wingate,
state this
arrangement is superior over the other arrangement.

However, I'm not sure and can't see right away what the advantage is.

Does anyone have the nitty gritty details of why the EQUIVDRIVE arrangement
is superior over the STANDARD arrangement.

Thanks
Dan