RE: Calculating and Measuring Resonant Frequency / Inductance of Secondary Coil (magnifier)

Original poster: "Bart Anderson" <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Dan,

Good point and true. I performed my setup by making all 3 coils the
same. I started measurements last night. There are some interesting
scenario's with magnifiers, and especially in my little situation. For
example, although all 3 are at 180kHz on my own, with the extra coil
over the driver, when the base is driven I'm meausuring 142 kHz (i.e.,
2 coils in series and a single topload affecting both). That kind of
thing. Fun stuff! I'll post details once I have them.

Take care,
Bart