Re: Capacitor Died

Original poster: Steven <studbubba_2000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I did design the circuit with very low resistance and low inductance.  The
spark gap is set to .343 inches.  My plans were to use the high voltage,
ringing circuit to feed a rail gun model I had built.  I was checking to
see if the rails would plasma arc which created a multiple spark gap and
the rail added an aditional .027 inch gap to the ringing circuit.  Note
that the 15kv 30ma NST used is unmodified and has a fixed current output so
if it works out that the ringing causes excessive voltage spikes......the
next time ill just have to order one a little more robust.  Thanks for the
all the help guys, ill keep yall posted.

Oh, anyone know where i can find some 25kv rectifiers.....I was thinking of
experimenting with dc input?

Steve
League City, Texas