expected arc length?

Original poster: Steven <studbubba_2000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Given a standard 15kv 30ma NST.  If I built everything else, to best use
the available power, what could i reasonably hope for in spark length.  I
have gotten 22" arcs with my current setup  3" secondary, flat primary and
a .005 mf capacitor with a forced air quenched static gap of .343
inches.  Yeah, i hear that the static gap may be too large but it gave the
best arc length with my setup....and hey, isnt arc length the goal.

And, if someone wanted to suggest a change in secondary or capacitor sizes
i would be interested in your thoughts.

thanks
Steve Lalumandier
League City, Texas