MOT mod.

Original poster: "Christopher 'CajunCoiler' Mayeux" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>

In an attempt to throw together a tube style TC, I have
determined (mainly by the state of my finances) that I
will need to modify an old MOT to supply the 5 volts
that the tubes use.  After about an hour of work, and a
massive quantity of frustration, I was able to fully
remove the secondary winding, and the original filament
winding, leaving the MOT's primary and shunts unscathed.  Now I need to know
how many turns of wire to insert into
the MOT core to get the voltage and sufficient amperage to
run the tubes.

The tubes are a pair of 4-125A (Sylvania) radial beam
power tetrodes, wired in triode mode.  The specs say the
filaments require 5 volts -at- 6.5 amps.

I'm sure with the huge collective of experience there is
in this list, someone must have a pretty good idea of
what I need to do to get the job done.

Help!
---
C.L. Mayeux