Re: HELP WIRING NST PLEASE WEIRD

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com
 >
 > In a message dated 1/17/04 2:18:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
 > tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
 >
 > SNIP-----
 > including the tens of thousands of model "T" ignition coils on eBay and the
 > like.  They are great for experiments, as they have healthy output, and
 > require nothing more than 12 volts and a few feet of hookup wire to bring
 > them to life, as long as they are in working order.
 >
 > It's been a long time since I dusted mine off, but IIRC, the original model
 > "T" ignition coil was 6 V, not 12 V.
 >
 > Matt D.

	Often run on four or six "#6" dry cells.  I haven't looked for them on
eBay but some of the auto supply houses sell them for as much as 50
bucks, which is ridiculous.  When I was a kid "Ford T coils" sold new at
Western Auto for around $1.95, and replacement point sets were about
twenty cents.  Running one on 12 volts is pushing it and I suspect the
points will burn up pretty quickly.

Ed