Re: HELP WIRING NST PLEASE WEIRD

Original poster: brent meyer <res095fx-at-verizon-dot-net>

Hah!Š  Forgot about that.  yeah, six volts, not 12Š  I've seen quite a few
on Ebay, though I haven't looked lately.  But 50 bucks for a NOS coil would
be pretty cheap in my book.  I'd have given my right arm for one when I was
in fourth grade, reading "The Boy's Book of Electricity".  Always wanted one
of those Giessler tubes too.  I wound my own coils instead, copying the
exploded diagrams of the model t coils from the book, right down to the core
peeking through the wooden box to run the points.  The condensor helps keep
the points from burning up, too bad I never had one on my coils!  None of
the adults I spoke to knew what a "condensor" was!