SSSSTC Coil questions for Mr. Steve

Original poster: David Sharpe <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Hi Steve

I've been watching from the sidelines.  You've got an excellent
performing coil topology there.  If you can keep the drivers
modular, you could theoretically scale up to limit of GDT hold
off voltage.  That limit could be as high as 2.5-3kV (5-6kV
pk to pk drive), which is about 20X higher then most SSTC.
I secondly would like to see detailed schematics
particularly on auto tuning and gate drive topology to maintain
timing on circuit.  When I saw this topology a year ago at
APEC2003, it looked promising, you've proven it can work
to run a TC.  Way to go!

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA