Re: Why do streamers happen?

Original poster: Liviu Vasiliu <teslina-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Try to imagine the streamers as incomplete breakdown
of the secondary capacitor (formed by the topload as
an armature and the ground as the second armature). As
the streamers grow the distance to ground decrease
and Cs goes up, puting the coil out of tune. This is
why is better to tap the primary one more turn after
resonant point to have longer sparks.

teslina