Re: Super Small SSTC

Original poster: FIFTYGUY-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 7/16/04 9:29:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

 > Hmmm, this is looking conceptually an awful lot like a RF power source
 >  driving a resonant circuit.

     And how is that different from a Tesla Magnifier? Does the RF power
source have to be an inductively-coupled resonant circuit to make a TC a TC?
Wouldn't that exclude some simple SSTC's?

 >    Along the same lines.. Is a
 >  flyback with a needle point shooting corona a tesla coil?

     So what *IS* the exact definition of a Tesla Coil these days?
     If I was to arbitrarily define a TC as:

     "A device designed to produce high-voltage alternating-current discharges
from a low-voltage power source by exciting the resonant mode of the output
stage,"

     that includes every topology I can think of. Including flybacks (if they
are used to make sparks).
     How's that?

-Phil LaBudde