Re: TC & Lightning

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq-at-uol-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi,
 >
 > Wow!  That is the best picture I have seen of the effect on humans!
 >
 > Of course, a few dozen folks who tried to recreate Franklin's kite
 > experiment got killed....  So be real careful of kits and lightning!!

Actually, I am not aware of someone really trying to reproduce
Franklin's experiment that was killed. Soon after that time, an
experimenter named Richman was killed when a lightning stroke a
lightning rod that he installed on his laboratory, ending over
his workbench and not grounded. He was the first experimenter killed
while experimenting with electricity. Descriptions of "Richman's
experiment" appear in all the old books about electricity.
The kite experiment, evidently dangerous, was reproduced many times,
with proper care, apparently, or some luck.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz