Re: Thyratron Tube

Original poster: FIFTYGUY-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 6/1/04 7:30:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

 > peak anode voltage = 350V
 >  peak cathode current = 300mA
 >  ave. Cathode current = 75mA

     Pretty wimpy. A little oomphier than a residental light dimmer?

 >  I'm thinking that it's a hydrogen type.

     I know darn little about gas tubes, but if it was mercury, thyratrons
typically have about half a Torr of pressure in them. I don't think much
liquid
mercury would be visible at that pressure, as you don't need a lot.

-Phil LaBudde