Re: Stripping Litz wire - was RE: ISSTC questions

Original poster: Edward Wingate <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>
 >
 > For non-solderable enamel coated wire, I did try paint remover.  Didn't
 > do a thing.  Someone also suggested dipping in molten aspirin, and a
 > solder pot.  Nothing.
 >
 > In addition to oxidizing the copper, a torch would melt the covering
 > that keeps the strands together and make a mess several inches down from
 > the termination.
 >
 > Gary Lau
 > MA, USA

Gary,

Would you please either bring a sample of your Litz wire to the
Teslathon or send me a small sample?

I can not believe that a small container of solder heated sufficiently
won't melt the enamel and join the strands. It works for me every time!

Ed Wingate RATCB