Re: CD 942 failure tonight

Hi Bart,

I'm thinking this is a current failure too.  However, I think I will do a
spice simulatioin for his smaller than the 3.1*Cres cap and see what
voltages can be obtained.  I also question setting the safety gaps to a
fixed setting.  I would personally prefer that they be set with the SRSG and
Cp removed to "just not fire" at no load NST conditions.  At least that way,
one could verify that they are working properly.  It would be interesting to
know what the predicted peak current would be with the ~6 turn primary.

Cheers,
Gerry R