Re: Is UHMW any good?

Hi Joe,

Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyetheylene is super strong tough stuff.  It
sort of cuts like chewing gum since the molecules are like 3 millions atoms
long.  Sort of like solid oil...  Any tool will cut it if you go slow so it
does not get too hot.  But, the tools should be razor sharp.  You will have
to take a sharp blade and trim off the access a bit.

It has a 600% elongation and could take a hit with a locomotive!!  Very
slick and often called the poor man's teflon.  It will not break ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry