Re: my 450va-mmc outperformed my 720va-bottle type

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

I'll second that!  Corona loss in the cap can make a big difference.  My
first Leyden jugs used foil taped to the jugs with saltwater filling.  In
use they would glow a pretty purple on the inside.  Streamer length was
about 6".  I then used spray adhesive and smoothed the foil down tight.  In
use, the glow dissappeared and all I had was 3/4" corona streamers around
the top, with the coil producing 12-18" streamers.  Cutting down on corona
in the cap makes a big difference.

David E Weiss