feedback SSTC trouble

Original poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com

Hey,
I just built the micro SSTC on steve wards site...Im having alot of trouble
with it...It is now putting out a TINY(micro) spark...Its about half a
centimeter long...It was continiuos but now it is pulsing on and off slowly
and speeds up when i get close to it...Is my 4420 bad?The only thing that
gets hot is the MOSFET, the 4420 and 555 are ice cold...Im giving it almost
30 volts DC filtered with 4400uF...What could cause it to pulse liek
that?What could i do to get better output?My primary is really
crappy...22awg stranded wire(all i had) and the secondary is pretty
big...4in diam. and about 13in long with 28awg wire...

Thanks!
Matt