Re: Control transformer

A series inductance reactance of 40-50 mH is usually all that is required to
produce a max 30 Amp output from a pole xmfr.

You can also use 30 mH and a separate 50 turn coil of #8 AWG with approx
20-25 DC Amperes circulating through this coil as a control device.  This
will give you control range from a few mA to over 800 mA.

Dr. Resonance