Re: capacitance of horned toroid

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Hello Matt

I almost see your point. Why not use C = 97d, as Ed
Phillips would say: "good enough for government work".
Certainly I like working on actual coils, but
sometimes I do wonder why I'm working on tesla coils,
which can only exist on paper. I like to think that
real world coils and paper coils mutually
approximate each other. Hence going after extra
decimals place values is the same as someone trying
to liberate an extra inch in streamer length. Also
I like special function theory. So far, my work on
paper coils have involved Legendre, Bessel, Struve,
Zeta functions and elliptic integrals. Certainly,
there are other functions eager to sing their tesla
coil arias, but they might appreciate a better
conductor than I. Would you theta functions please
make your appearance, as I have waited so long. If
I had access to a high performance computer and could
write code, I would calculated to ten significant
figures and end the matter in my mind tonight.

Godfrey Loudner"

	Good point.  Something doesn't have to have useful results in order to
be intellectually stimulating!  More decimal places please.

Ed