Re: Magnetic gap experiment (was RE: Magnetic quenching.)

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Hi Marco,

  >  > I used standard brass brazing rods with flux.
  >
  > Being a beginner too, I suppose you mean the usual rods used for
  > plumbing with copper pipes, right?

Yes, it's the same thing.  I saw another post that mentioned plumbers
use
silver solder.  While this is true on standard plumbing, where high
pressure
and high temperature occur (such as copper pipes being heated against a
woodstove), brass brazing is the preferred method for joining copper
pipes.
I had to have someone braze my copper pipes for the heating baffle that
mounted directly on the outside of my woodstove."

	The "silver solder" plumbers use now is low melting temperature stuff.
Supposed to be a non-toxic replacement for regular "50-50" which
plumbers used to use.

Ed