Re: Commercial Pulse Caps vs MMC's

Original poster: G <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

Hello all,

My MMC testimony:

I have been using an MMC built with the Geek Group 0.15 uF caps for over 2
years now. the MMC design is 3 strings of 11 caps. The cap array is used in
a TC that is running a with a PDT at ~7200 VA and no heating has been
observed at any time, even after 6.5 continuous minutes of operation. This
coil's primary is tapped at 12 turns, which keeps the peak currents down a
bit.  Output of the coil varies with weather  between 7-9 feet as measured
to a grounded strike rod.

http://home.cinci.rr-dot-com/bog/HV/

Best,
Gregory