Re: Bending of Ohm's Law was Re: Gap Question

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: dave pierson <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

 >     Ohm's Law is a law, as derived FOR WIRES.
 >     It DOES NOT apply to 'all conductors'.

It's a first-order approximation to the actual law v=f(i) that defines
what we understand as an ideal resistor. Fortunately, many materials
follow the approximation reasonably well (at least at a given
temperature, and after the effect of parasitic capacitances and
inductances disappears).

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz