Re: Best cap size for a sync gap

Original poster: Malcolm Watts <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Does anyone here have *proof* that the NST shunts are saturating or
is this just speculation? The reason I ask is that the shunts
actually have an airgap in series with them. I can certainly imagine
the main core approaching saturation.

Malcolm