Re: Cap Start Motor

Hi David,

That could be the case.  I was afraid I damaged something so I took it apart
and found the wiring error.  The winding looked OK so I tested each turn for
interturn shorts by running 2 amps DC thru the coil and measuring the
voltage between each turn (.0003V).  All adjacent turns measured the same so
I powered up the coil with the circuit breaker bypassed to degause it (just
in case) and test for normal behavior.  After i reenabled the breaker
everything worked OK (breaker didn't trip).  Now to wire it up correctly.

Gerry R