RE: First Italian teslathon, PICS available! :-)

Original poster: "Mc Gyver" <mcggyver-at-tiscali.it>

Hi Richard!
Hi All!

Original poster: "Richard Modistach" <hambone-at-dodo-dot-com.au>

thanks for that,
good to see what's happening in other places on the planet certainly
some nice 'smaller' coils amoung that lot, very well finished.

Thanks!  :-)

that guy pulling streamers looks to be playing with fire, thoughts from
others?

Dont worry!
We use many safety precautions for playing with arcs and sparks,
first of all, the coil is remotely actuated by another guy via pushbutton (
NOT switch! )
than, the rod used for drawing arcs is connected to RF ground and is made of
plastic
( only the tip is metallic! ).

for additional safety, we use only our RIGHT hand and we stand on a
insulated table
made with a squared piece of wood and 8 big porcelain insulators originally
used in
An old 23kV transformer's cabin ( 2 insulators "in series" for each leg )

PS: drawing arcs from tesla coils is fun, but  safety first!
your first mistake may become..............................................
:-(

Ciao!
Fabio.