Re: higher current ammeter sources

Original poster: davep-at-quik-dot-com

 > Original poster: DRIEBEN-at-midsouth.rr-dot-com
 >
 > Hi all,
 >
 > I was wondering if there was a source of higher current
 > range AC ammeters (like 50 to 100 amps) that didn't require
 > an external current transformer for metering?
    Last I Looked I had a couple 50A meters in the basement.
    8)>>
    Reasonable Offers entertained.  Even Cheap ones.
    While transfromers are elegant and efficient, shunts
    also work on AC and can be easier to fab.

 > About the
 > highest range that I have been able to locate is 50 amps
 > although I do seem to recall seeing a 0-80 amp one somewhere,
     50A is sort of a standard commercial breakpoint for
     integral units.

 > but I can't seem to locate this one any more.
     ....and some usually show up, with digging, at ham/electronic
     flea markets...

      best
       dwp