Re: Self-Resonant SSTC topologies -Morining after.

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

Malcolm, yes my secondary is close wound with #28 wire.
It gets quite warm when running "non" Interrupted CW.
Now that I am using a Interrupter and the duty cycle is
much lower, the secondary stays cool. But when I add
series capacitance and approch resonance the primary
gets nice and warm. My current configuration seems to
limit me to about 20" or so of reliable spark output.
What have others using Half-Bridges been able to do? I
am limited untill I build a real driver board and
provide some RF shielding, but maybe for now I could
just place my protoboard in a metal box or something?...

Regards,

David Trimmell

On Mon, 17 May 2004 08:20:49 -0600, "Tesla list" wrote:

 > Original poster: "Malcolm Watts"
 > <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>
 > I take it that this is the coil using #28 AWG wire? I
 > presume
 > (dangerous stuff!) that it is a closewound coil? A
 > quick calc shows
 > the skin depth at that frequency to be a little
greater