Re: Self-Resonant SSTC topologies -Morining after.

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

Hi, I took a video of my ISSTC half-bridge test box and
put it on my website (8 meg Windows media file):

http://209.210.231.220/webdoc2.htg/SSTC/Pictures/Self_res_proto1/5-18-04_ISSTC_tests.wmv

Steve; yeah if you could send me your PCB artwork file
I would be very appreciative ;-) Thanks.

Regards,

David Trimmell

On Wed, 19 May 2004 08:20:14 -0600, "Tesla list" wrote:

 > Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com
 >
 > Malcolm, yes my secondary is close wound with #28
wire.
 > It gets quite warm when running "non" Interrupted CW.
 > Now that I am using a Interrupter and the duty cycle
is
 > much lower, the secondary stays cool. But when I add
 > series capacitance and approch resonance the primary
 > gets nice and warm. My current configuration seems to
 > limit me to about 20" or so of reliable spark output.
 > What have others using Half-Bridges been able to do? I
 > am limited untill I build a real driver board and
 > provide some RF shielding, but maybe for now I could
 > just place my protoboard in a metal box or
something?...

wrote:

 >  >
 >  > Original poster: "Malcolm Watts"
 >  > <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>
 >  >>>>>snip<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
 >  > I take it that this is the coil using #28 AWG
wire? I
 >  > presume
 >  > (dangerous stuff!) that it is a closewound coil? A
 >  > quick calc shows
 >  > the skin depth at that frequency to be a little
 > greater
 >  > than 3x the
 >  > wire diameter. Given that, it would be instructive
 >  > compare the
 >  > heating if another secondary was used with same
 >  > wiregauge and same
 >  > frequency but spacewound (therefore larger). I'm
not