RE: New Kirlian Photographic Method?

Original poster: "john cooper" <tesla-at-tesla-coil-dot-com>

From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date:  Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:49:43 -0600

 >Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 >The metal camera body will shield the film in the camera.  If it >is a
plastic camera, maybe the film will see something.  The >electronics in the
camera (if it has any) may be destroyed in any >case.

The point is not to expose the film in the camera, I'd use a camera without
any film in it, the object is to see if the discharge or any of its
components will follow the optical path presented by a slr camera's lenses,
mirror and prism.

 >You have to get the film on the back of the head to flow >current.  I
think ones head will just drain the current before >it ever gets to the
film.  The film in the camera will have a >better chance of seeing
something.  Pressing the shutter >precisely during the arc is best practice
;-))

I should have thought of that, there should be a grounded piece of al foil
or copper sheet also taped to your head but behind the film in the light
tight bag.

 >If one has a metal camera free of electronics (old one).  >Grounding the
camera body and exposing the film to arcs to the >camera lens edge might be
really cool.

Putting one's head in this path, was strictly facetious (everyone hear
that?), sounds like something you'd see in a horror film or a Dr. Mengele
experiment.  But setting up a manual slr camera with a small piece of film
in a light tight bag taped to the viewing lens may prove interesting, any
discharge hitting the lens would burn away the lens coatings at the spot of
contact, not something to do with a camera you'd want to keep. Probably
wouldn't compare to placing a sheet of film between copper sheets with the
bottom one grounded and letting have at it with a discharge.  There was
(is?) some guy in S. Cal that used this process to produce interesting
effects on the film. A real dumbed down version of this would be to just
play a discharge all over a loaded camera until it smokes and then develop
the film.

 >Of course, what ever you do, do it safely!!!
 >
 >Cheers,
 >
 >         Terry

At 05:51 PM 4/30/2004, you wrote:

Here's a break from the serious, a little thought experiment I came up
with.  This should only be performed by professionals, professional what, I
don't know.  Ya'll on your own with this one.

Question:  Will a discharge, when striking a camera lens, follow the
optical path of a single lens reflex camera, then travel through your head
to produce a photographic image?

1)  Take a 6cm by 7cm, or larger, piece of un-exposed camera film and seal
it in a light tight bag

2)  Tape this bag to the back of your head, behind this place a grounded
sheet of al or cu

3)  Turn on the Tesla Coil

4)  Hold camera to your eye and prepare to take a photo, but don't press
the shutter release

5)  Approach the Tesla Coil's discharge until you get a real solid strike
to the lens, two or three strikes would be best

6)  Develop film

7)  Send me the result