Re: Fear factor tesla coil episode

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq-at-uol-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "ho \[shu\] huang" <shuhuang-at-singnet-dot-com.sg>
 >
 > Hi guys,
 >
 > try : http://s14.yousendit-dot-com/d.aspx?id=755A95D400A6268CAFE7E066D1416B70
 >
 > i've also uploaded the file to UNC's webserver. Email me if u want the
 > link, but only if the abve doesn't work, AND you can upload the file to
 > another server. I'm no longer at the sch, but I value the webspace, do I
 > don't want to draw too much attention to my account :)

I could download the video from the address above in about 1.5 hours
without problems (256k dsl connection). The quality is good.
Impressive! The thing is probably safe, although looking dangerous.
I wonder about the intensity of the electromagnetic fields, as Faraday
cages don't block high-frequency fields effetively. Even if the
operating
frequency of the Tesla coil may be not so high, those arcs surely
generate
fields at very high frequency, that may cook the participants a bit...

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz